05 Feb Production Supervisor Dairies
Arrabawn Dairies are looking to hire a Production Supervisor whose role is to supervise and coordinate the shift activities of the dairy processing plant so as to optimise the performance of the facility and ensure products are manufactured and dispatched to the highest standards.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the key responsibilities associated with the role are:
- Ensure the manufacture of products to the highest standards in the safest, most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Fully utilise and harness the Production and Maintenance Teams capability through effective leadership, processes that are consistently applied and accurately measured against the business objectives.
- Provide coaching and development for key reports.
- Identify and implement process improvements in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Maintain Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and drive quality standards in process, people and product.
- Compile and adhere to annual budgets for the department
- Assist in capacity planning for existing and future products
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the cost competitiveness of the manufacturing facility
- Identify and implement Lean initiatives
- Contribute to the culture of continuous improvement
- Report and communicate effectively with the senior management team on an ongoing basis.
Key requirements for the role of Production Supervisor are:
- Food/ Science or Process/Engineering/Production Management Qualification
- Experience in a production role in a Food processing environment a distinct advantage
- A proven track record of operational success
- Strong people skills, project management, problem solving, leadership and communication skills.
- The ability to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of all activities.
- Strong IT and report writing skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- High motivation, Flexibility and the ability to work on own initiative
To apply, please fill out the form below: