05 Feb Laboratory Technician
Arrabawn Co-op is seeking a Laboratory Technician (routine Microbiology) to perform testing in the Microbiology Laboratory & support other testing laboratories as required.
Reporting to: Laboratory Supervisor
Location: Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Purpose: Microbiological testing of samples and plant support to ensure compliance with all microbiological criteria.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing timely analytical testing in Microbiology Laboratory
- Communicate microbiology results as appropriate and be pro-active in highlighting out of specification results and ensuring all extra testing is carried out.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed correctly to the approved procedures
- Identify and highlight any issues to the appropriate supervisor/manager. Following through with issues to achieve a resolution.
- Participate in site investigations and work with project teams to resolve quality problems as required
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of internal and external standards (e.g. BRC, HACCP)
- Implement a High level of laboratory housekeeping.
- Comply with health and safety requirements
- Support the other laboratories if required, i.e. to undertake other duties as required in line with business needs
- Read plates for cover as required
- Manage Shelf life samples
- Daily update of results on LIMS and EXCEL trackers. Daily summary reporting of results
- Manage consumables for own area including purchasing and GRN
- Training of Students
- This role is seasonal in nature and will be subject to seasonal lay off
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Level 6 Qualification In Microbiology /Food Science or equivalent.
- Experience in a microbiology testing laboratory, ideally in a Dairy Environment.
- Team-worker with strong interpersonal, communication skills and continuous improvement mind-set
- A high level of flexibility, motivation and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Food handling and Good Laboratory Practice Knowledge
- Computer literacy is essential.
- A high level of English verbal and written fluency is required.
To apply, please fill out the form below: